Thursday, August 01, 2013

The Rumour
"Frogs, Sprouts, Clogs & Krauts" (Vinyl)

In an attempt to work through a reasonable stack of vinyl that I've accumulated over the past several months (and rid myself of that which I don't want) I'm trying to give a couple of titles I've never seen/heard of before a quick listen to see if they can find a home.

The Rumour were Graham Parker's back-up band and recorded several of their own albums in addition to many of Mr. Parker's notable albums in the 70's and 80's.  The album has the glossy, tight production value to it, but nothing terribly interesting, musically speaking.

Vangelis
"Direct" (Vinyl)

Greek composer Vangelis has had quite a storied career (his highest accomplishment being the "Chariots of Fire" soundtrack) and this album is an instrumental odyssey through mountains of synthesized samples and textures.
The sincerity with which Vangelis approaches his music is giving me cause to listen carefully to this album; the verdict is still out on it's ultimate fate in my collection.

No comments: