Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jars of Clay "Much Afraid" (Vinyl & CD) If anyone thought that the Jars' debut (1995) was a fluke then the band was happy to deliver 1997's sophomore album, "Much Afraid." The band's songwriting ability wasn't dulled at all and they presented a radio-ready polish that both Christian and mainstream audiences were waiting for. Although it quickly diminished in sales, I feel this is an equal to their first release with production that signaled the band's direction for the next several albums. Proving that I should never stop digging for records, I found an LP pressing of this album (they did that?) in a thrift store a couple of months ago. I have the CD of this album on the shelf, but I'm equally pleased to say that the mastering done for the vinyl pressing is very nice to listen to. Now if I can just figure out who they pressed these for...

No comments: