Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Creedence Clearwater Revival
"Green River" (Vinyl + CD)

I used to have an allergic reaction to CCR.  There was a TV commercial that played whilst I was child that featured some "greatest hits" collection from the band and my dad would suddenly turn into some foot-stomping cowboy singing along.  It was embarrassing.

It wasn't until later that I realized that CCR was, in fact, quite a good rock n' roll band. During an age of glitz and glitter, CCR represented a Revival (see what I did there?) of country-fried bayou-based boogie rock n' roll that proved impossible to resist.

This album has some of the band's biggest hits including "Green River," and "Bad Moon Rising."  It was released in 1969 just after "Bayou Country."  It was the second of three albums they released in 1969.

No comments: