Sunday, September 23, 2012

Audioslave
"Out of Exile" (CD)

In 1997 Soundgarden broke up.
In 2000 Rage Against the Machine broke up.

In 2001 Chris Cornell joined Tom Morello & co. to form the first highly anticipated rock supergroup of the 21st century.

Too bad it pales in comparison to its ancestors.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what these guys were trying to do.  I just don't think they ended up doing it that well.  Audioslave's debut album (reviewed earlier in this blog) was criticized for being "that Soundgarden singer being backed by Rage" and then this album showed off an ensemble that had "found its own voice."

Well, I don't really care.  I would (and do) listen to both my Soundgarden and Rage albums before my Audioslave records on a 5 to 1 ratio.

Two of Audioslave's albums have been sitting on my shelf for at least five years.  I've given them a very fair chance.  I don't think I need them any more.

No comments: