Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beck
"Guero" (CD)

Beck's sixth album (wow, he's been around even longer than I thought) was released in 2005, just in time for my last year of graduate studies.  This CD pumped my car all across Cleveland and often the first memories of these songs are different routes I would take across the city on my way to various shenanigans.

Viewed as a return to "Odelay" style music-making, Beck hit several greatest-hit style buttons with the tracks on this album. Beginning with "E-Pro," probably Beck's most radio-friendly hit to date, he travels through several channels with songs like "Girl," "Hell Yes" and "Go it Alone."

Ever the chameleon with his too-cool-for-school mentality, it is not my favorite Beck album, but I won't hold it against anyone who say its theirs.

No comments: