Saturday, September 29, 2012

The White Stripes
"Under Blackpool Lights" (DVD)

Okay, yes, this is a concert movie, not an album. 
Okay, yes, this is NOT what we are doing on this blog.

But it's my blog, and I get to change the rules whenever I want.

Besides, how much more closely tied to the mission of this blog could I get and still be "off topic?"  My favorite band playing my favorite songs.  Close enough.

Future kiddies will be welcome that the White Stripes recorded themselves in January of 2004.  It captures the White Stripes doing what they do best: playing live.  Yes, their albums sizzle with earnest frenzy, but when playing live this boils over into a blistering rage of distortion and chaos. 

I'm sure there are old people who think "this is rock n' roll?! sounds like noise to me..." and they'd be right.  This is obscenely noisy music.  And that is exactly what the people needed/wanted.

No comments: