Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cream
"Goodbye" (Vinyl)

Following on the heels of yesterday's review of "Blind Faith," I was digging the vibe so much that I had to go dig through the late 60's heavy rock pile again.

This album was actually released after "Blind Faith" and after Cream had officially disbanded.  I'm not sure if it was a contractual obligation for the band, or if the label just saw an opportunity to make some scratch.  Either way, the album consists of three original, studio recorded tunes and three live takes of tunes that Cream was famous for.  Beginning with "I'm So Glad" and "Politician" the album failed to live up to the standard of their other releases, and yet it's remarkable that there was an age in rock 'n roll when this would be sub-standard.  I long for a return to music-making of such quality that this would be reviewed as "...meh"

No comments: