Wednesday, January 02, 2013

OK GO
"OK GO" (CD)

I heard about this band way before you did.  That's doesn't make me a hipster. It only reinforces my status as a bonafide music dork.
I knew of this band years ago because the drummer is the brother of Stanley Konopka, violist in the Cleveland Orchestra. And Stan talks about his brother's band.

One thing led to another, and I found myself purchasing this, their debut album released in 2002.  The OK GO have never had a monster hit, but they have won a grammy for their clever music video which involved a billion treadmills all operating simultaneously.

This album isn't deep, but it is smart. Pop music, by definition is easily digestible and fun to play.  In that sense, this album is all of those things.  Beyond that, however, this album isn't memorable or ingenious.

No comments: